What Is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is a confidential, non-judgemental one to one process to enable you to work out what you want in your life and, most importantly, how you can get it. With the fast pace of life in the 21st century it’s often easy to forget what really matters to you, or to “make do” with areas in your life which really don’t make you happy. Your life coach gives you the time, space and encouragement to identify the specific goals you want to achieve and uses a variety of tools and techniques to guide you to the results.
Speak to us today or book a treatment online at HealthHub, which covers Yarm, Eaglescliffe, Stockton on Tees, Ingleby Barwick and Middlesbrough, where our Life Coach will advise on a personalised course of treatment.
Take a minute to ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you ever felt like you are just going through the motions in your life?
- Do you feel like there should be more to life than this?
- Do you feel stuck in a job or a relationship, feeling you want or deserve more and don’t know how to get it?
- Do you want to make changes to your health and fitness, improve your social life, or return to work after a career break?
- Do you never wake up and feel excited about the day ahead?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Life Coaching might be for you.
I am a professional Life Coach and certified NLP Master Practitioner. I had a successful career in manufacturing for over 25 years in a variety of management roles as well as having run my own company, which has provided me with invaluable experience in motivating individuals to reach their full potential. During that time I came to realise that the most fulfilling part of my job was the one to one management of people so I decided to follow my own dream and train as a professional Life Coach.
I now have a Diploma in Life Coaching, I am a certified NLP Master Practitioner and I am a Member of the Association for Coaching, the International Institute of Coaches and Mentors (IIC&M) and the Association for NLP (ANLP). Working at the Health Hub I believe there is a great synergy in working alongside the other practitioners at the Health Hub. There is often a strong relationship between the physical symptoms which clients experience and their thoughts, emotions and behaviours. Working with a coach can help you to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, work out what it is that you want in life and,most importantly, how to get it!
Heather Baker-Heriot L.C.H.Dip.,AMAC
Life Coach & NLP Master Practitioner Infinity Bridge Coaching Ltd.
Who Would Benefit From Life Coaching?
The quick answer is anyone who wants to make lasting changes in their life and some of the specific reasons people choose life coaching include:
- You’re lacking in confidence
- You want to improve your work/life balance
- You’re struggling with one of many changes that children bring to your life, such as returning to work or empty nest syndrome
- You’ve reached a crossroads and don’t know which way to turn
- You’re heading towards retirement and don’t know what you’ll do with your time
- You want to improve one or more relationships in your life
- You’re unhappy in your career but don’t know what to do or how to change it
- You’re not very good at managing your finances
- You need to make changes to support your physical well being
or it could be as simple as you wake up each morning and think “there must be more to life than this”. The good news is yes, there can be, and if you are committed to making changes your life coach can work with you to find out what that means for you.
Is It Like Counselling?
Life Coaching is quite different to counselling or therapy. Counselling looks at your history and your counsellor will work with you to make sense of what has happened in your past and how and why that affects you now. Life Coaching will take stock of your past if it is limiting you from making changes, but the focus is very much on what you can do from now to achieve the goals you want in your life.
How Long Does It Last?
Sessions last one hour and because life coaching is such a pragmatic process, clients often start to see changes from their very first session. Often, only 4-6 sessions are required to enable you to move forward making the changes you want to see in your life.